Sunday, March 10, 2019

Ah -- The Little Joys In Life -- March 10, 2019

For all those shift workers tonight/this morning, enjoy -- it happens only once a year. In most areas of the US you will be working one hour less this morning. Enjoy an extra hour of sleep when you get home.

I remember twenty years or so of working or being on call 24/7. I remember working in the emergency room one or two weekends every month -- 12-hour shifts, often after a full day in the clinic. I would put in a full Friday in the clinic and then go immediately to work in the emergency room at 5:00 p.m. My shift would end the next morning, Saturday, at 8:00 a.m.

Every so often, I found myself working overnight when the clocks were moved ahead one hour. Wow, that felt good.

But then, it seemed, I worked an equal number of days over the years in which the clocks were set back an hour on my shift.

It's funny. I don't remember the shifts where the clocks were set back an hour. But I vividly remember those shifts when the clocks were moved forward an hour.

A World Without Love, Peter and Gordon

"A World Without Love" is a song recorded by the British duo Peter and Gordon and released as their first single in February 1964. It was included on the duo's debut album in the UK, and in the US on an album of the same name. The song was written by Paul McCartney and attributed to Lennon–McCartney. The B-side was "If I Were You", written by Peter and Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment