Sunday, February 3, 2019

Epping Wells Have Been Updated -- February 3, 2019

I've been updating the Epping oil field wells but I still have a lot of work to do on this field.

This is an interesting field. It seemed to have started out "slow" but it's becoming an incredible field.

For example: look at these incredible Kraken wells.

I've mentioned this before on the blog: it's my hunch that operators often under-promise what a field might offer. Call it the "Disneyland effect." The operators have to thread the needle. They need to "talk up" their assets to generate investor interest, but they are watched closely by the SEC. On the other hand, they don't want to get too far in front of their headlights and drive up lease rates and acquisition costs.

But if one remembers, one of the first CBR terminals in the Bakken was in the Epping oil field. That should have been a big hint.

Even more interesting for me: during the Bakken boom I drove my dad out to Epping numerous times; the field never seemed particularly active. My hunch is that the field is very, very active right now.

It reminds me a little bit of Bailey oil field, although Bailey at 160+ sections is much, much bigger than the 30+ section Epping oil field. 

So, give me a few days, and I will get the Epping oil field completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment