Sunday, February 24, 2019

A Parthian Shot Before I Get Off The Net For Awhile -- February 24, 2019

I'll be off and on the net today. I will be taking the middle granddaughter to Olympic Development Program (ODP) practice today in Dallas, and with driving back and forth, will be involved with that from noon to 4:00 p.m.

I will easily find wi-fi but if I don't find a sports bar I will  miss the NASCAR race; I can follow the PGA golf tournament on line and watch the entire final round this evening on the golf channel.

If you run out of things to do today while surfing the net, be sure to explore the featured blogs at the sidebar at the right, including
etc.

From Powerline today: reporting on the winter storm in Minnesota --
I wrote here about the epic winter we are having in Minnesota, hard on the heels of “expert” testimony in Minnesota’s legislature to the effect that we don’t get much snow anymore because of global warming–false, snowfall has been increasing, not decreasing–and temperatures in Duluth are no longer expected to dip below 10 degrees. Less than two weeks after that testimony was given, the winter turned brutal and the temperature in Duluth fell to 25 below zero. The Al Gore Effect lives!
Meanwhile, here in the Twin Cities, the snow continued to fall. We have already smashed the record for snowfall in February by six or seven inches, and as I type this, there is a blizzard warning in effect for tonight
The author included a photograph of icicles off his room, some of these icicles are more than six feet long.
His "Parthian shot": Memo to the alarmists who warned us that children will grow up, no longer experiencing snow: not to worry.
****************************************** 
My Traveling Companions

Sophia's friends that she leaves in the front seat of my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment