The biggest sports story last week: NDSU wins its 7th FCS championship.
The most under-reported international story last week: the fuel shortage in Mexico.
The biggest energy story, of course, was the "return of the bull market for oil" -- although it could be short-lived. But, in round numbers, WTI went from $45 to $52 in the space of a week or thereabouts. That may not be entirely accurate but that was my "feeling."
The biggest energy story in the Bakken was the huge wells that are now being reported. They are truly, truly huge. If there is any doubt, look at "record IPs in the Bakken," and scroll up from the bottom. In 2012, wells like this one were rare:
Whiting said this was a record TFS well at the time, early 2012, file #20526, Smith 34-12TFH, 2,446, 102K in first 4.5 months.Now? That is so hum-drum.
- January 11, 2019
- 31774, 5,058, Bruin, Fort Berthold 151-94-26B-35-15H, 4 sections, 55 stages; 14.4 million lbs, Antelope-Sanish; a staggering well; t7/18; cum 294K 11/18;
- January 6, 2019
- 31774, conf, Bruin, Fort Berthold 151-94-26B-35-15H, Antelope-Sanish; a staggering well;
- January 4, 2019
- 34668, 6,640, MRO, Drake 44-16H, Jim Creek, t11/18; cum 41K over 20 days which extrapolates to 62K over 30 days; #17999; #17374;
- 34666, 6,012, MRO, Northrop 34-16H, Jim Creek, t11/18; cum 34K over 23 days;
- 34892, 5,851, MRO, Gloria 24-16H, Jim Creek, t10/18; cum 57K over 38 days; #17999; #17374;
- 34667, 5,713, MRO, Veddy 44-16H, Jim Creek, t10/18; cum 90K over 38 days --
- Watford City approves school bond issue
- Williston, in Williams County, the wealthiest county in North Dakota, failed to approve the school bond issue -- so much for "good neighbor attitude" in Williston
- North Dakota legislature considering raising speed limits: to 80 mph on interstates; 75 mph on other divided highways, in line with states like Texas
- Legacy Fund: ‘Numbers game’ is about more than money -- Crosby Journal
- Lawmakers set early revenue figures: Lower oil, gas tax -- Fargo Forum
- Judge endorses water permit for Davis Refinery despite opposition -- Associated Press
- Regulators: Dakota Access company complied with settlement -- Associated Press
- Two years after Standing Rock encampment, scars of the protest remain -- Inside Sources
Random update of the MRO Arkin well; low volume proppant
A Bruin Fort Berhold well that produced 350K boe in less than five months
MRO and Bruin are competing for bragging rights
EOG reports three huge Clarks Creek wells
Antelope-Sanish will be a great field for re-fracks
Whitting: Generation 4.0 fracking completions
Fracking: completion strategies
Williams County: wealthiest county in North Dakota; but Williston won't approve school bond issue