More on this well, a DUC that was reported as completed yesterday:
- 34470, 2,283, Whiting, Wold 41-5- 2TFHR, Banks, t11/18; cum 17K after 19 day
- April 5, 2018: spud date inked in -- 3/8/2018; date to TD reached; 3/19/2018; all other data (including frack data) left blank
- Geologist's report by Neset
- Wold 41-5-2TFHR
- spud/TD dates as above
- lateral: 17,826 feet
- sidetrack: 21,880 feet
- summary: the well is a single lateral in the Three Forks formation...drilled south to north ... the lateral sidetrack #1 had a bottom location....
- background gas in the lower Bakken shale: 605 - 3,188 units indicating that the cool down that was encountered back at around 17,000’ MD was actually at the top of the target and not the 2 ft. set line. Lateral #1 was ended
- sidetrack #1: was successful ...
- the bit then tracked just above the 2 ft. set line till around 18,000’ MD where the bit bounced up off of the hot streak just above the cool of the two foot set line...
- once the bit moved above the 2 ft. set line the bit then ranged from the top of the target, to the 2 ft. set line, back up to the top of the target and back to the 2 ft. set line over the next 1500 ft. of the lateral to around 20,150’ MD
- the wellbore tracked throughout the Three Forks formation for 100% of the lateral and went fairly smoothly after the sidetrack was completed.
- an undated sundry form suggests that the original name of the well, Wold 41-5-2H, was changed after Whiting requested the setback be moved from 500' to 200'
- the original permit: Wold 41-5-2H
Yeah, I probably post some YouTube videos too often. But I sometimes need to play some music videos really, really loud (headphones) to drown out the demons that tell me to quit blogging and get a life. LOL.
Hunter S Thompson would know what I'm talking about.
From this site, one of my favorite quotes of all time:
“Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”