The Williston Economic Development Office has been recognized for excellence by an international organization.
The city’s Economic Development office has earned accreditation from the International Economic Development Council, and becomes one of 62 economic development organizations to be given the accolade and be recognized as an Accredited Economic Development Organization.
Executive Director Shawn Wenko said Williston's Economic Development office is the first in the state to receive an accreditation from the council.
Earning accreditation is not an easy process. Wenko said his office began back in late May (2018).
The program is quite comprehensive and involves a two-phase peer review process to determine an organization's eligibility. The phases are a documentation review and a site visit.
The Book Page
I'm ready for three days of relaxing and reading. We're in the Los Alamos area. I've read many, many books on J. Robert Oppenheimer and many books on the Manhattan Project, but I picked up several more from the museum gift shop today:
- Trinity: A Graphic History of the First Atomic Bomb, Jonathan Fetter-Vorm, c. 2012;
- The Los Alamos Primer, Robert Serber, c. 1992,
- 109 East Palace: Robert Oppenheimer and the Secret City of Los Alamos, Jennet Conant, c. 2005;
- Man of the Hour: James B. Conant, Warrior Scientist, Jennet Conant, c. 2017;
- The Los Alamos Primer, Robert Serber, very thin pamphlet; from Los Alamos museum; no copyright