October 21, 2018
- 32378, 2,540, XTO, Werre Trust 21X-3B, Bear Creek, 60 stages; 17.9 million lbs, t6/18; cum 114K;
- 32379, SI/NC, but producing,
- 32380, 2,637, XTO, Werre Trust 21X-3A, Bear Creek, t8/18; cum 68K 8/18; 49,232 bbls in August, 2018;
- 17880, 1,206, XTO, Werre Trust 21-3H, Bear Creek, t10/09; cum 177K AB 4/16;
For newbies: this is how a few wells can have great effect on production data for a given field in the Bakken.
Bear Creek was #1 in average amount of oil produced per well among all the fields in North Dakota in July, 2018 -- the most recent month for which data was provided.
The data was posted here: https://themilliondollarway.blogspot.com/2018/09/north-dakota-crude-oil-production-by_16.html.
This is why.
Look at the group of wells that were completed and tested in July, 2018, in the Bear Creek. These were huge wells. In addition, Bear Creek is a relatively small field with only a few wells; it doesn't take many wells to have a great effect on production:
- 32756, 1,025, XTO, Bear Creek 31X-3F2, t5/18; cum 38K 7/18;
- 32755, 1,400, XTO, Bear Creek 31X-3BXC, t5/18; cum 58K 7/18;
- 32754, 2,468, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 31X-3FXG, t10/17; cum 76K 7/18;
- 32753, 2,556, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-3C, t10/17; cum 104K 7/18;
- 32502, 1.086, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34AXD-S, t5/18; cum 58K 7/18;
- 32501, 1,884, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34EXH2-S, t5/18; cum 86K 7/18;
- 32500, 2,717, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34AXD-N, t5/18; cum 87K 7/18;
- 32499, 1,071, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34EXH2-N, t6/18; cum 61K 7/18;
- 32481, SI/NC, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34A,
- 32480, 2,653, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34E, t5/18; cum 71K 7/18;
- 32479, 2,701, XTO, Werre Trust Federal 14X-34AXB, t7/18; cum 25K 7/18;
So, let's take a look at the map (busy, busy, busy, huh?):
Some of the wells not noted above the graphic:
- 14696, AB/820, XTO, Bear Creek Unit 3-1, Bear Creek, the Duperow formation, t3/98; cum 338K as of 6/16; TD = 11,850 feet
- 16974, AB/2 (no typo), XTO, BCDU 13X-35, Bear Creek, the Duperow formation, t6/08; cum 48K as of 5/17;
- 15064, PA/621, XTo, Porcupine Ridge 11-2H, Bear Creek, the Madison formation, t2/101; cum 203K as of 4/16;
When I was on temporary duty to northern Yorkshire, England, back in 2002 - 2004, after work, I would go for long, long walks almost every night well after dark. Most nights I would pass the same small Anglican church; the doors were always open; absolutely dark; no lights -- and I would feel my way along the pews -- to the front of the small church -- and sit in the front row for an hour or so and meditate ... this song always takes me back to those nights ...
" ... stopped into a church I passed along the way. Well, I got down on my knees and I began to pray -- you know the preacher liked the cold; he knows I'm gonna stay ..."
[From another site: Michelle Phillips said she wrote some of the lyrics for this song, including the part about the visit to the church. Interestingly, the Beach Boys sing the lyrics the way they are commonly presented: "I pretend to pray." However, Michelle sings them the way she says she wrote them: "I began to pray."]