Thursday, October 18, 2018

SRE's 30-Second Elevator Speech -- October 18, 2018

There are a gazillion utilities "out there." I've held different utilities in my investment portfolio over the years, for various reasons. Generally I buy and accumulate shares in utilities for the long haul. There are notable exceptions.

Two utilities of the gazillion "out there" are currently on my radar scope. One has been in my portfolio for decades; the other has only recently appeared on my radar scope.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here.

SRE and D.

I might talk about "D" some other day.

Today, SRE over at SeekingAlpha. It is a "nine-page" internet article. I did not read past the first page. I read (past tense) no more than the following and will not go back and read any more of the transcript:
As you recall in June, we announced our strategic vision to become North America's premier energy infrastructure company. We're also committed to executing a disciplined and phased approach to optimize our asset portfolio around what we believe are the most attractive markets right here in North America. In that regard, Oncor and its operations in Texas provide a solid foundation to build on and advance that strategy.
Oncor and Sempra entered into agreements to acquire InfraREIT in a 50% interest in Sharyland respectively. We’re actually quite excited about this Texas T&D transaction for several reasons. First it expands the transmission and distribution platform we created in Texas when Sempra acquired its interest in Oncor back in March.
Second, it adds another avenue for growth through incremental pure play regulated transmission opportunities and Texas is an attractive market where we’re currently seeing over 70 gigawatts of solar and wind and interconnection queue.
Third, it’s a great opportunity to recycle proceeds from the recently announced sale of our U.S. solar portfolio. In fact that's what allows us to do this transaction without issuing any equity. And fourth, it allows us to further increase the percentage of Sempra's earnings from our long-term T&D businesses and strengthens our credit profile while offsetting the slight dilution resulting from the sale of Sempra Renewables business and storage assets.
That's all I need to know. 

It's the company's 30-second elevator speech.

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to levitate, what with all that smoke being blown up my anterior.... Put your faith in AEP and XEL....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I cannot argue with either one. AEP has been on/near my radar scope most of my investing lifetime. I haven't paid a lot of attention to XEL.

      Delete