Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Comments Section Generating Spam -- October 23, 2018

Updates

October 24, 2018: Very interesting. The spammers must have google accounts. I find that very, very interesting and completely unexpected. I opened comments only to those with google accounts / or shut down comments except for those with google accounts, and the spam kept coming, so I stopped all comments. I will shut off comments for about a week and then open them up again.

Original Post
 
Spam.

About two weeks ago I started getting on average one "anonymous spam" comment per day. That has gradually increased to several per day. It looks like they are coming from overseas in which students are taking an English class to learn how to a) read and write English; and, b) how to surf the blogosphere.

This anonymous spamming used to bother me but now that I understand what's going on, it's no big deal.

I will shut down comments (except for those with Google accounts and who have signed in) for a few days and then open comments up again. I've found this works quite nicely. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment