Monday, September 24, 2018

Vern Whitten Aerial Photos Concordia Language Camp / Village Near Bemidji, MN -- September 24, 2018

This is quite coincidental. For the past two summers our oldest granddaughter has attended Spanish School  at the Concordia Language Camp near Bemidji, MN. I had not heard of the village / language camps until our son-in-law found it on the web and enrolled our oldest granddaughter two summers ago. She loved it so much she returned again this past summer.

Out of the blue, Vern Whitten sent us aerial photos of the camp / village. Incredible scenery.

Vern Whitten's photos of Concordia Language Camp / Village at http://www.vernwhittenphotography.net/bem718/.

Vern Whitten Bakken photos here, summer, 2018.

Vern Whitten Photography
www.vernwhittenphotography.com
(701) 261-7658

************************************
Richard III

The last little bit of Richard III and the War of the Roses and then I will move on.


While stationed in northern England for many months over the course of four years, "my home away from home" was RAF Menwith Hill. On Saturdays, I generally caught a ride to Harrogate where I took the train to all points of the compass for a day's outing. On Sundays I would explore on foot the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Summerbridge and Pateley Bridge were my watering holes.

I never knew that I was just miles from the site of the biggest battle and the decisive battle and the last battle in the War of the Roses. Wow. If only I could live part of my life over.

No comments:

Post a Comment