Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Oh-Dark-Thirty And Twenty-Four Minutes Of Bliss -- September 5, 2018

Updates


Canadian oil: Suncor to delay crude expansion amid Canadian pipeline confusion. The gist of the argument: Justin Trudeau's government can't close a deal.
“There is clearly a question of confidence in Canada" after a court last week overturned the Canadian government’s approval of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion, CEO Steve Williams tells a Barclays energy conference in New York.
CBR-Canada: it's an open-book test -- from Vanguard --


CLR: Harold Hamm was just on for an extended interview with CNBC, and now I see that CLR has a September, 2018, corporate presentation at this link. I'll finish the presentation later this week, but after seeing only a few slides, the data should blow your socks off. Unless your socks are inside your Timberland Pro steel-toed boots.

Later, 12:12 p.m. CDT: I just turned television on for a moment to catch CNBC. Wow, all I hear is that "tech" is plummeting. From an investing and an emotional point of view, the only dog I have in this fight is Apple. I'm almost afraid to look. What's AAPL doing. OMG! AAPL is down ... drum roll .... drum roll .... is down ...  

  
Original Post
 
Due to family commitments, my early morning blogging will be cut short today.

To get the morning note in, I left for work at oh-dark-thirty. What an incredible bike ride. I checked my "watch" just before stepping outside the apartment door: 6:21 a.m. I next checked the "watch" just as I was entering the Starbucks door: 6:45.

Twenty-four minutes of bliss. Riding time was actually about three minutes less -- I had to unlock the bike chain, turn on all the front and back bike lights, the backpack lights, and then, at the other end, do the reverse.

But what an incredible ride. Traffic was light, but picking up. One could see the very early rosy fingers of dawn (with apologies to Homer). Already a bit warm but I did not notice how humid it was until I was actually getting off the bike.

So, in a few minutes, I will sign off for the morning. Not sure when I will post again today, but knowing me, I assume I will sneak in a post or two.

I will not get to e-mail, or comment-moderation for awhile. Likewise, typographical errors will be corrected later.

Good luck to all.

Let's check in on futures before signing off:
  • WTI: off another 1.3% now that Gordon has blown through and being nothing but a big rainstorm
  • Dow, irrelevant, but: down 104 points
  • TSLA: down another $3.85 after dropping almost $13 yesterday; trading around $285; closed down $8; trading at $280 (vs the $420 one could have gotten just a few weeks ago)
  • SRE: not trading yet; nice day yesterday, up about 3/4th of a percent on a down day
  • XLNX: wow, it is a break-out -- "Guy" (?) said this on CNBC about ten days ago, that XLNX was going to break out -- up 1.23% yesterday and now in pre-trading, up another 1.52% -- huge backstory -- maybe another day -- trading at $80 -- a long slog -- $64 one year ago
  • AAPL: up slightly yesterday; will hold today, but maybe down slightly; can hardly wait for September 10th
  • NKE: after dropping 3%, flat today; the damage is over; pays 1%
  • OAS: down slightly yesterday
  • NOG: down slightly yesterday and in pre-trading -- wow, NOG is pre-trading -- down about 2%
  • PLUG: down 1% yesterday; down another 1% today;
  • PLM: at 83 cents yesterday, up 2.74% yesterday;
  • BAC: giving up the little gain it showed yesterday
The Jeff and Rosie show:

Don't Bring Me Down, ELO

No comments:

Post a Comment