Monday, July 23, 2018

Why I Love To Blog -- Helps Me To Put Things Into Perspective -- July 23, 2018

Pardon the interruption: I was watching President Trump on CNBC. They cut away after 60 seconds. I had to go to Fox News to get the full speech. Amazing.

Now, where was I -- oh, here it is -- 

According to this tweet, Exxon could be producing 750,000 bopd from Guyana by 2025. Is 750,000 bopd a lot? Ten years ago I would not have been able to say one way or another; I certainly would not have been able to put it into perspective.


Right now, North Dakota is producing about 1.2 million bopd. XTO, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Exxon is producing 2.4 million bbls/month or about 80,000 bopd, assuming I did the math correctly.

Disclaimer: I often simple arithmetic errors. If this information is important to you, go to the source.

Apparently, currently Exxon produces about 5.3 million bopd. One million bopd from Guyana represents about 20% of Exxon's total production. Wow.

************************************
Iran Imploding

2 comments:

  1. Thats not going to end well for somebody- Not quite sure who yet. The regime usually puts down these protests. Unfortunately for them, the very folks they use to quell protests are now the protesters.
    Should be interesting, to say the least

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on the history of the (US) CIA (and I'm not talking about the Culinary Institute of America), wanna bet the (US) CIA is meddling in Iran's internal affairs? LOL. That's rhetorical. I don't bet.

      Delete