Friday, June 15, 2018

Off The Net For Awhile -- June 15, 2018

I am really burned out. Just too much news. Scott Adams suggested the same thing earlier today.

Therefore, I don't plan to do much blogging tonight. I'm not sure how much blogging I will do over the weekend.

The numbers coming out of the Bakken have completely blown me away. I suspected this -- based on the number of DUCs still being reported and the size of the wells that are being reported that are being completed -- but even though I suspected this, I am surprised -- blown away -- by these numbers.

I need to take a break to digest all of this.

Good luck to all.

One last thought. Scott Adams suggests we are entering a Golden Age. I completely agree. I feel badly for those young folks with little worldly experience that are foregoing investing opportunities because they are being sucked in by negative news in the business pages.

I began investing in 1984. I don't recall a more exciting time to be investing.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.


******************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

I came of age in southern California. I have pretty much lived all over the world -- except the Far East. I have fond memories of many places I've lived and would love to return to many of them, even live out the rest of my life in any one of them if it were possible.

But at the end of the day, the "land" that keeps pulling me back is southern California, most specifically South Pasadena.

A Summer Place is not set in southern California. It is set about as far away in the US from California as it could possible be. But I bet a lot of folks, who have never seen the movie, including me, assume it was set in California. Nor was Peyton Place set in California. Nor was The Summer of '42. Wow, that was a tough movie for me to watch. 1971 -- junior in college and too many things in my life going on. And then complicated by my own "summer of '71." When I met the love of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those you're feeling sorry for, and will readily admit it. I've been terrified of the stock market since pulling out weeks before the 2008. I've got $150k in the market and a quarter million in cash on the sidelines at the moment. Another $100k cushion for AFEs.

    Man, I've been listening to the wrong talking heads the last five years. ....so far.

    ReplyDelete