Saturday, June 23, 2018

Great News! "Comments" App Now Works -- June 23, 2018

Updates

Later, 6:46 a.m. CDT: a reader sent in a comment overnight. The comments section works again! Whoo-hoo!.

Original Post 

The comments app now works -- at least as far as I can tell. It worked this evening when I was testing it. I should know more as the week(s) go by.

The problem had nothing to do with EU regulations but the problem may have begun when the "blogger app" made some changes to comply with EU regulations. I don't know, but it no longer matters if the comments app actually works. 

Thank you, everyone, for your patience.

I did find all the "old" comments that folks sent in that did not get posted. I spent most of the evening posting/replying to them.

I missed a few, I'm sure, and I haven't gone all the way back -- just too many comments. Much appreciated.

My biggest surprise: how closely folks read my notes. Wow, folks catch a lot of trivia I thought no one would notice. I don't know if that's good or bad. LOL.


4 comments:

  1. You are so cool! I don't believe I've truly read through a single thing like that before.
    So wonderful to find somebody with some original thoughts on this
    topic. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed on the
    web, someone with a bit of originality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo-hoo! Thank you for testing the "comments app." It works. I'm thrilled.

      And I agree with you, obviously, regarding the bike lanes. My hunch is the fact that this runs six blocks west of the pool, someone saw a bunch of kids on bikes riding to the pool/park/skateboard area and thought bike lanes were needs on this six block stretch of road.

      I assume there are 1,487,328 city blocks in Williston but it will be these six city blocks that have bike lanes.

      Delete
  2. a few days ago, i tried posting "test" comments on two of my blogs that have comment moderation...neither went into moderation, presumably because i'm the moderator, but i did get a notification on one of them and not the other...maybe tomorrow i'll have time to see if i can figure out what the difference is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours came through but did not end up in the moderation page. Something screwy is going on, but at least the comments seem to be working again.

      As you noted, on your own blog, if you comment, the comment is posted directly, no moderation required.

      Delete