Friday, June 15, 2018

Comments: Alert -- June 15, 2018

A reader alerted me to the fact his/her comments were not getting through to me; they were not being posted.

All comments are reviewed before being posted, but I post most comments if they add to the conversation. And if I post a comment, I almost always post a reply. Comments that are not published should not be a surprise to those who sent them.

So I was surprised to hear that comments were not getting through to me. I thrive on comments.

I checked my "settings" on the blogger app and I think I may have spotted one problem. I don't know how that "problem" happened but it has been corrected.

So, we will see if that fixes things.

Update: checking with blogger app -- it turns out that other bloggers are having the same problem. It may have something to do with new rules coming out of the EU. I cannot make this up. 

It's always something.

[If you want to send me e-mail, my e-mail address is found somewhere at the sidebar at the right. I don't save e-mail addresses and I pay absolutely no attention to the e-mail addresses. I pay attention to the "handle" because I recognize the "handles" of those who send me consistently great comments.]

*******************************
A Note for the Granddaughters

Updates

June 16, 2018: a reader writes that KUMV-TV went on the air in 1959. The Ray High School Band played at the "grand opening" ceremonies. The reader mentions he was once on a KUMV local talent show as a guest. I vividly remember going out to KUMV -- the tower and site was about six miles west of Williston -- to appear one some children's afternoon program. I think I was too old for Romper Room but it was possible it was Romper Room.

Original Post 

The television series Perry Mason ran on CBS from 1957 to 1966. Growing up in Williston, we got television about 1959. The first television station was KUMV-TV (K-upper Missouri valley) which was an NBC affiliate. I don't know when we got CBS and/or ABC, but I know KUMV / NBC television was our only option for many years.

So, I looked forward to our summer vacations to Rapid City, South Dakota, every summer to visit the Black Hills. We would spend one or two nights in Rapid City and we saw other stations. I vividly remember Perry Mason and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Wow, those were the good old days.


I never knew that Raymond Burr was screen tested for a part other than Perry Mason in the original television series. What a hoot.

Brilliant. Genius.

4 comments:

  1. Up near Noonan, where I grew up, we had KUMV, and a couple Canadian stations....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More remote than Williston, and you had more choices ... life is not fair.LOL.

      Delete
  2. Sunday night was Wonderful World of Disney, and Bonanza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten about those two. We looked forward to them every Sunday night.

      Delete