Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Market, Energy, And Political Page, Part 3, T+64 -- May 3, 2018

Ahead of my headlights: a couple of readers will understand this -- sorry I can't say more -- for the Bakken:
  • costs are coming down -- not a lot, but ...
  • wells are getting significantly better -- seemingly overnight; certainly year-over-year
  • Saudis want higher price for oil
  • word on the street: Trump has already decided to tear up the Iran sanctions agreement 
  • E&Ps with unhedged positions looking good: letting profits run
  • but, as noted, I'm getting ahead of my headlights
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here. If this is important to you, go to the source.

Disclaimer: I make a lot of simple arithmetic errors. I often see things that do not exist; I read quickly and miss important points. Sometimes it takes me days (maybe even weeks) to see where I was wrong.

The Bakken: speaking of "wells getting significantly better" -- this looks like the year the Three Forks will start to reach its stride; "we" would have been there in 2015 except for the Saudi Surge which was announced in November, 2014, and the end was not announced until two years later, November, 2016. This was a Three Forks well.

Scouts: now that "the Boy Scouts" will "admit" girls/young women, will the "Girl Scouts" be seen as sexist if boys/young men cannot join "Girl Scouts"? I don't know. I don't care. Future Farmers of America was always ...
***************************************
North Korea

The deal: more evidence that the Korean deal is done. The first indication that the deal was done was Trump floating the idea that the "summit" be held in/near/along the DMZ. The most recent indication: North Korea, today, will release three Americans held in prison. Scott Adams. Timing? One would think that it would have taken about a month between "signing" of the deal and release of the Americans. If so, the deal was "signed" on/about April 2, 2018. From my daily note page:
April 20, 2018, T+51: North Korea announces that it will freeze all nuclear missile testing. 
That fits the timeline.
**************************************
Sophia's Spring Gardening Project

No comments:

Post a Comment