Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Market, Energy, And Political Page, T+2 -- May 10, 2018

Scott Adams has great periscope on Israel and Iran:
  • the war between Iran and Israel has begun
  • Putin gave Israel the green light to take out Iranian forces in Syria
  • Putin and Netanyahu 
  • Syria is no longer "it's own country"; it's now a Putin satellite
  • Putin wants Iranian forces out of Syria
  • Putin wanted ISIS out of Syria and got the US to help in that successful endeavor
  • unlikely that Iran has the willpower or the strength to "continue" the war 
  • feels very, very strongly that Iran is incredibly weak right now, militarily and spiritually
  • the Iran question is "ripe" for a solution
  • Trump: high risk profile and lots of experience; in a league of his own
Now, to the sources.
My comments, tactical: 
  • Scott Adams was right on target
  • Trump has completely upset the status quo in the Mideast
My comments, strategic:
  • elections matter
  • I don't think Americans understood how coy the Obama/Hillary administration was getting with Iran
  • Valerie Jarrett's story is important to review
  • Trump understood/understands the two greatest rogue threats to the US: North Korea and Iran
  • both were getting stronger and stronger under previous administrations but really accelerated under Obama/Hillary/Jarrett 
  • Trump came along at just the right time in the view of many (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know where "we" would be today if Hillary and Valerie in power; one wonders if Valerie would have been SecState
  • Iran will try to wait Trump out; Israel and Putin have a two-year window to "destroy" Iran as a viable player in the Mideast
Word Of The Day

Colleen is a common English language name of Irish-American origin and a generic term for Irish women or girls, from the Irish cailĂ­n (caile, countrywoman).

No comments:

Post a Comment