Monday, April 30, 2018

Market, Energy, Political Page, Part 5, T+61 -- April 30, 2018 -- Poetic Justice Or Irony -- The Province Blocking The Trans Mountain Pipeline Has The Highest-Priced Gasoline In North America -- Almost $8/Gallon

Updates

May 2, 2018: I obviously should have done the math ... the Daily Caller appears to have been so far off as to have been an idiot. The writer has gone back and corrected his mistakes, but he is still misleading the American reader. First, he doesn't make it clear that he is using "Canadian" dollars in the headline; and second, he doesn't make clear that he talking about the Canadian gallon which is very different than the American gallon.
1. From wiki: The US gallon is used in the United States and is equal to exactly 231 cubic inches or 3.785411784 liters

2. From gasbuddy.com today: Canadian$1.55/liter 

3. 3.785411784 x C$1.55 = C$5.86738
4. Conversion, C$ to US$: US$4.56 -- not much more than what it is in Los Angeles, CA

May 1, 2018: why $6/gallon gasoline of $8/gallon gasoline or even $12/gallon gasoline does not bother those living in British Columbia -- "an absolute gong show." Move over Vancouver. Whistler, two hours north of Vancouver, BC, is now Canada's craziest housing market. A detached house in Whistler is now $1.67 million, 4% more than in Vancouver, and businesses are buying properties to house employees as living costs drive out workers. Whistler is now the most expensive Canadian city to live in.
Benchmark property prices in Whistler, the ski town two hours north, have now surpassed those in the Pacific Coast city. Businesses are buying million-dollar properties to house employees as living costs drive out workers. The cost of visiting has also spiralled, with overnight rates during the winter peak topping anywhere else in the nation.
Later, 10:47 p.m. CDT: see first comment. Apparently someone over at The Daily Caller did the math incorrect. I don't know. I didn't do the math. Didn't want to get into Canadian vs US dollar. Five hundred-thirty-four comments (and counting) comments at the Daily Caller article.

Original Post 

From Daily Caller:
But that high price is offset by free medical care in Canada, so it all works out.

Oh, by the way, British Columbia, is fighting the Trans Mountain pipeline project.

What's the plural of doofus?

Tesla
This Should Be Fascinating

Only two days from now, Tesla presents quarterly earnings. From twitter today, from something called "the credit strategist":

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here. If this is important to you, go to the source.

Disclaimer: I make a lot of simple arithmetic errors. I often see things that do not exist; I read quickly and miss important points. Sometimes it takes me days (maybe even weeks) to see where I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment