Monday, November 27, 2017

Bust! Sasol Scrubs US GTL Plant In Louisiana -- November 27, 2017 -- The Market And Energy Page, Part 2, T+310

From Oil & Gas Journal:
  • Sasol: mentioned many times on the blog
  • Sasol: ending its "already suspended" gas-to-liquids projects in Louisiana
  • a strategic retreat from a business in which it has been an international leader
  • low crude oil prices the reason
  • the company will no longer invest in greenfield GLT projects
  • Sasol has been in the GTL business for 60 years
  • more recent start-up: a 34,000-b/d Oryx plant at Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar 
Apple, Inc: friends in California bought an iPhone X and then received their choice of an iPhone 8/8 Plus for free. Speaks volumes. Mostly bad news for Samsung, I assume, but others might disagree. But that's $1,000 for two brand new iPhones -- about $500 apiece when averaged out.

Pop-up ads: some people complain about targeted ads. I love them. I got a pop-up ad this morning reminding me of a Christmas gift I otherwise would have forgotten.

Portland, OR: Companies sour on ‘progressive’ city amid death threats, homelessness, rampant crime. Columbia Sportswear may flee downtown Portland after a series of frightening encounters with the city's homeless population, including car break-ins, human waste dumped by the office's front door and threats to its employees. Our younger daughter who lives in Portland seldom visits downtown Portland for those reasons; when I visit her I minimize my visits downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment