Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Political Page, T+277 -- October 25, 2017

Updates

Later, 638 p.m. Central Time: Obama-appointed San Francisco federal judge refuses to block Trump's order to end ObamaCare subsidies. Huge story. The judge says a) not only is Trump's action likely legal; but, b) he questions all the concerns the plaintiffs have brought, saying in effect, "where's the beef?"


Later, 6:22 p.m. Central Time: the DNC-paid-for-dossier story is moving so fast, Drudge Report had to re-fresh his page twice today -- waiting for the flashing red light!


"Baloney": that's all Hillary has had to say about this story so far. The Hillary War Room will be burning the midnight oil tonight so that "Morning Joe" will have his talking papers in the morning. The dots are starting to connect. During the campaign and after the campaign, Trump never mentioned "the Russians" until well after Hillary mentioned "the Russians." It now makes sense. The DNC and/or her handlers had copped an incredibly great story -- and if it backfired -- blame it on Trump. Trump was blindsided at first because he had no clue what she was talking about. Now it makes sense for everyone involved.

The Los Angeles Times is not reporting the "DNC dossier" story. Wow.


Later, 3:35 p.m. Central Time: it seems journalists for the mainstream media complain about everything President Trump says or does. But I have not heard one journalist complain about Trump's decision to allow the classified JFK-assassination papers to be released tomorrow. Barring any last minute "stay" by some liberal judge, the papers should be released tomorrow. It's my understanding that there really is no mechanism for stopping a president from declassifying classified material. I learned that from the Obama years, but the link is to an article on president Trump. So, we'll see.

Later, 2:31 p.m. Central Time: earlier today a reader sent me a note regarding my link to the Bloomberg article on ethanol (see below). That reader had different views of ethanol than I do, and that's fine. We all have our opinions. Life goes on. But it bothered me that I might have stepped on some toes. I went out for lunch with my wife but that note still bothered me; I hoped I had not been too harsh in my reply.

On return, I found this note in my e-mail (a screenshot):



And so it goes. 

Original Post 

My brother-in-law in California often asks me why gasoline prices remain so high despite the "glut" of oil and how inexpensive oil has become.

I suggest that folks who have that same question read this article. If this link is broken, google Bloomberg Iowa King Corn biofuels RFS.

***********************************
The Silence Is Deafening

This is a whopper of a story broken by The Washington Post:


I "never" listen to radio/NPR but today I've had it on all morning to see how they would report this story. So far, radio/NPR has talked about absolutely everything but has not mentioned on word about this whopper of a story. 

If there is one story NPR is focused on today it is Flake's decision to not run for re-election, an anti-Trumper RINO with some saying he has 18% support in his home state. NPR noted that Flake was facing a very, very tough primary after speaking against Trump for the past year. It's not being said that Flake did not want to lose a primary to a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment