Monday, October 2, 2017

Re-Living The 2016 Presidential Campaign -- October 2, 2017

I've got more important stuff to do than re-live the 2016 Hillary - Trump campaign, but this is too good to pass up. After posting my note about the LA Times yesterday, a reader sent me this note: "whatever you say about the LA Times, remember, that publication was the ONLY major media outlet that predicted Trump's win." The reader provided this link at Bloomberg.

The reason I find this so refreshingly delicious is that the poll referenced, the USC-Los Angeles Times poll was the only poll I used during the campaign and posted it almost daily once I got started. Two links:
Making this even more refreshingly delicious is this: I clearly recall one reader making a snarky remark about using this poll, suggesting that I was using this poll simply because it was the only one that showed Trump leading; the reader noted that all other polls showed Hillary winning (in fact, the ABC poll infamously showed that Hillary would win by 15 points and that poll was released a day or two before the election).

And finally, just throwing this in: USC is my alma mater. Have no idea if they won over the weekend. It was a football-free weekend for me; didn't want to see any kneeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment