Monday, September 25, 2017

Wow, Wow: Not Even Remotely Expected -- WTI Up Over 3% Today -- Now Trading Above $52 -- Who Wudda Thought? -- September 25, 2017

Updates

Later, 8:00 p.m. Central Time: see first comment.

Original Post
 
Did Harold Hamm change/affect the conversation? If so, many of us couldn't be happier.

This week's US crude oil inventory numbers will be very, very interesting. We have had three weeks of increasing crude oil inventory supplies just as the driving season ends in the US. Gasoline supply is at 30+ days; the "historical" norm is closer to 20 days.

In 1984 I started investing. At that time I concentrated my personal interest in three sectors: energy, telecom, and utilities and accumulated shares in companies in these sectors all these decades. I will never see the "cash." Everything is earmarked for the daughters and granddaughters.

How times have changed. I hold shares in only one telecom company; I hold shares in only one utility; but, I have shares in almost all the original energy companies that I started buying in 1984.

I thought of that when I saw this crawler on CNBC just a few minutes ago:

S&P sector leaders
energy telecom utilities

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on anything you read here or think you may have read here.

I won't be able to find it on the blog, but some time ago I posted the oft-repeated quip that once the price of oil moves (in either direction, it doesn't matter, up or down), it tends to move very, very quickly.


Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment