Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Energy And Market Page, Part IV, T+186 -- July 26, 2017

Making America great again: Trump says Apple will build three manufacturing plants in the US. If accurate, this tells me all I need to know about "inexpensive energy percolating through the entire economy." It will be interesting if the three plants are built in California.

Whoo-hoo! Bank of New York Mellon increased its dividend significantly, from 19 cents to 24 cents. 

Energy drinks? NYC bars take top cocktail awards. BlackTail, Dante, PDT and NoMad Bar took home awards at Tales of the Cocktail, an annual gathering that brings together the world’s top bar and spirits professionals.
BlackTail has won fans for its fanciful takes on tropical drinks and other classic cocktails, from the daiquiri to the Old Fashioned, since it opened in August 2016. Even the bar’s version of the rum-and-cola is an elaborate affair that goes beyond the namesake ingredients to incorporate Champagne and a bitter Italian spirit.
I'm old school. I don't care for cocktails, in general, unless they are very, very simple. Rum-and-Coke; classic martini; and, that's about it. Scotch? With an ice cube or two and that's it.

Lego: Lego Boost Review. Meet your child’s new coding coach. The new Lego Boost kit makes the classic bricks come to life with programmable motors and sensors. Three junior builders help us put it to the test. Our middle granddaughter attended Lego camp this past summer -- one week of Lego robots.

Huntington Beach, Surf Capital, USA

Sophia, just turned three years old, on her way to boogie board for the very first time in her life!

Hopefully not the last words that she will hear: "Watch out for the sharks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment