Sunday, July 23, 2017

Maps -- July 23, 2017 -- A Whole Post WIth Nothing About The Bakken

Warning: folks coming to this blog for the Bakken may want to skip this blog for the next two weeks. I have no idea where the blog will take me this week, but something tells me the Bakken could be on the back burner. We'll see.

I'm in a great mood. Jordan Spieth won The Open and Kasey Kayne won the Indianapolis NASCAR race today, beating Keselowski in overtime.

*****************************

It's hard to believe. I have an entire Sunday afternoon free to myself. I may have one interruption but it will be minor. My wife is out of town; and all three granddaughters are out of town. I have no commitments for the next week or so. I will still get up at 5:00 a.m. but instead of surreptitiously listening to CNBC or Fox Business News I will turn the television on and watch it from my bed. (I can also listen to Rush Limbaugh at my leisure; my wife will not let me listen to Rush in her presence. Something about her blood pressure.)

I hope I get serious about reading again. Right now I'm reading Supreme City by Donald L. Miller, reviewed back in 2014 at The New York Times.

In the entirety of my life I have spent only a few hours in New York City (and only Manhattan); a long summer in a bedroom community across the Hudson River from NYC; and, that's about it. But because the "first" love of my life lived in that New Jersey suburb across from NYC, it will always occupy a bigger space in my heart than it might otherwise deserve.  

Supreme City must not have done well. It does not show up on the first page of Amazon hits when searching "Supreme City." To find it easily, one must search with both the title and the author.  

******************************
Give Them Space To Destroy


From The Wall Street Journal:
Baltimore homicide rate has officials pointing fingers. Politicians, law enforcement assign blame for sustained violence that mirrors some other cities.
While Chicago gets more attention as being the center of urban crime in the U.S., Baltimore has long had a higher rate of homicide, and near-daily killings in 2017 have produced a nearly 20% increase in homicides from a year ago. With 193 homicides in a city of 615,000 people, Baltimore is on track for its highest per capita homicide rate on record and one of the highest in the U.S. in years.
As long as they are still pointing fingers, it sounds like no one really cares. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see "the next big thing."

Maps:
**********************************
57 Channels And Nothing On TV

Sunday night, 57 channels, and nothing on TV. The British comedies will start in another hour or so. Thank goodness for YouTube. It's hard to believe that "Hee Haw" lasted only two years, 1969 - 1917 -- at least that's what Wiki says.

I was too busy those years to watch much of "Hee Haw" but what I saw I loved. YouTube now lets me watch those "episodes" I missed.

Don't worry. No clip. I don't want to lose 95% of my readers. LOL.

************************
"Remember Me"

See wiki. Surfing through the channels, I saw less than three seconds of this movie and immediately recognized this was Yorkshire, and specifically, this particularly scene was Whitby, Yorkshire.

Life is too short. 

***********************
Yes, Sir, I Can Boogie Woogie All Night Long

Baccara

No comments:

Post a Comment