Saturday, July 22, 2017

Keeping America Great, T+183 -- July 22, 2017

Recent natural gas articles (all previously posted) that need to be posted again:
These articles were all posted within the last several days. The gap between the US and EU simply continues to widen when it comes to energy.

*************************
Personal Financial Note

For whatever reason, I've been following the earnings reports from the financial institutions this quarter.  I think my interest (no pun intended) may have been piqued when AMEX ended its relationship with Costco. What were they thinking? I no longer have an AMEX card but I still shop at Costco.

I was thinking about that after another credit card company sent me a "replacement card." I did not order a "replacement card" and did not need one. But the financial institution used the opportunity to introduce new features, new loyalty rewards, and, a new chip card.

The card is pretty slick; it still doesn't have the heft of another common card but it is eye-catching. Most noticeable is the removal of the raised account number on the front of the card.

But this is what really caught my attention: no interest charges for one full year; and, if you can believe this, "cashback match" which matches dollar-for-dollar every cashback dollar I earn. Apparently at the end of the year, if I have $50 in my cashback account, the financial institute will double it.

I now have to post "stick-it" notes to my credit cards to remind me which credit card offers cashback dollars for which purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment