Apple HomePod: "first listen" impressions -- INCREDIBLE: Audio With Bass-Heavy Sound That Easily Beats Echo.
- no surprise that Apple would have an incredible speaker
- home pods
- Amazon: emphasizes comsumerism
- Google: emphasizes data mining
- Apple: emphasizes entertainment
- not one analyst yet has mentioned this (of those I've heard/read): Amazon/Google do not have the eco-system in which to place their home pods; Apple is one huge eco-system
- I was on the fence on whether to get Amazon's home pod, but now, without question, we will get the Apple HomePod
- Apple fans eagerly look forward to any "new" hardware -- the Apple Watch was perhaps the best example
- Apple must have thought it was not worth in-house R & D to develop own "over-the-ears" headphones; bought Beats
- too expensive is a common complaint: that suggests to me the analysts have no clue on several levels
- there's a lot of money out there
- those who buy Apple products are used to "high prices"
- it's all relative: compare the price of HomePod to any other Apple hardware product: I believe there is nothing less expensive in the Apple orchard
- anything less than $350 -- possibly $299 would have been okay -- would have suggested a "cheap" Japanese plastic speaker
- it's going to be released during the holiday period -- used to be called "Christmas" -- it will fly off the shelves; it could be the season's #1 "must-have gift"
- biggest risk to Apple: delayed availability, missing the gift-giving season