WTI: no surprise; trending toward $49.
Dow 30: up 217 points.
- SRE: $113
- T: $40
- BK: $48 (nice little jump; up 2.5%)
- XLNX: $60 (after jumping 4.35%)
- EOG: $94 (stable; saved by the overall market)
- WMB: $30 (stable; saved by the overall market)
- BRK-B: $165 (up about 1% with the overall market)
- GM: $34 (very, very nice; up about 1%)
- TSLA: $308 (up about 0.7%; a bit surprising considering the overall market)
OPEC: via Twitter, some OPEC ministers have made preliminary agreements to extend cuts.
Russia cuts: why re-balancing is a joke. Via twitter. Headline: Russia cuts 250,000 bopd by end of April to comply with oil output deal. 250,000 bbls/100 million bbls = 0.25%. Yes, a quarter of one percent. A rounding error. The amount of oil McKenzie County in North Dakota can produce on any given day -- in the winter.
NASDAQ: up almost 70 points.
Whiting, Bakken, and Filloon. Update here.