Saturday, March 11, 2017

New York Times Updates EV Incentives -- March 11, 2017

The New York Times has an update on how much the public likes EVs.

I think this tells me all most folks need to know about EVs:
General Motors’ Bolt EV has a 238-mile range for less than $30,000, after the $7,500 federal income tax credit. Tesla plans to introduce the Model 3, a 215-mile-range car, for under $30,000 after federal tax credits.
If I owned a home / garage in which I could install a charging unit, and if I had two or three other more utilitarian vehicles (like an F-350; a Chrysler Town and Country; and, a Land Rover), then I would love to have an EV.

By the way, something tells me the electric grid in California could not handle a significant increase in the number of EVs being charged overnight. Especially since there's not a lot of solar energy being generated at night.

*******************************

Last night: getting ready for our walk to the park. Tonight we're watching Homer Simpson.


No comments:

Post a Comment