Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Closer, T+32; Are Futures Surging? -- February 21, 2017

Updates

February 22, 2017: I have no idea what this was all about last night (see graphic at original post). It proves once again that futures mean squat the night before. This morning, futures suggest a flat-to-negative opening on Wall Street. 

Original Post
 
I look at the "futures" almost every night. Generally, the "Dow futures" show green/red in the range of -20 to +20 points. I don't ever recall seeing futures for the Dow up 100 points after a six- or seven-day streak of record setting sessions. Maybe I'm misreading this, but over at CNN Money, "Dow Futures" are showing +110 points. Similarly, S&P futures and NASDAQ futures are also up significantly.

Again, I may be misreading something, but this is the screenshot taken from CNN Money at the time noted on the graphic (dynamic link):



The CNBC site is showing a similar number, Dow futures at 99.95 points (also a dynamic site).

I'm assuming someone will tell me I'm misreading something.

No comments:

Post a Comment