Update on the Kemper Mississippi River plant, from Penn Energy:
- Mississippi Power Co to add another month to the construction schedule
- delay will add another $62 million to the cost of the power plant
- new completion date: November 30, 2016
- total price is now nearly $6.9 billion -- let's call it $7 billion, and move on
- original cost estimate: $2.9 billion -- let's call it $3 billion, and move on
- stockholders have absorbed $2.6 billion in losses
Note To The Granddaughters
Our younger daughter lives in Portland. She is more conservative than I am and lives in one of the most liberal towns in America. She loves Portland, and she loves the city's motto: "Keep Portland weird."
I say all that to say this, Todd Snider is originally from Portland. I assume his picture accompanies an occasional T-shirt with the words, "Keep Portland Weird."
This is a twenty-minute video. Not less than fifteen minutes is spent by Todd telling the story of how he started singing this song. It is truly worth a listen for folks who like Mr Bojangles and Jerry Jeff Walker.