Tuesday, December 6, 2016

I Hope This Ends It -- Michigan Court Of Appeals Says "Enough Is Enough, Already' -- December 6, 2016

Don sent me this breakingnews.com item. I hope this ends it; I am truly getting tired of Jill Stein. Her fifteen minutes of fame ended more than fifteen minutes ago.

From "breakingnews.com": 
The Detroit Free Press reports that the Michigan Court of Appeals rejected Jill Stein's recount as improper because Stein is not an aggrieved candidate and "she has no chance to overturn the result of the presidential election in her favor.
Hopefully the Pennsylvania judge says the same thing Friday, but if the Michigan ruling holds, it's finally over. Maybe. Another note says the judge's ruling does not stop the recount from continuing. I assume the Secretary of State has to make that decision. And now we have the question: who has the authority to rule on recounts: the secretary of state or the courts.

For me the bottom line is this: if someone doesn't put a stop to this craziness, in the future we can have any single individual cherry-pick the states to request a recount, thus tying up the process well past the Electoral College deadline. Ironically, the GOP would be best able to do this and if folks like Jill Stein are successful, there is no question in my mind that this would become the norm going forward. Even in Nevada, they are facing a recount, of all things.

Perhaps on the day before the Electoral College is scheduled to meet, some "alt-right" fanatic needs to request, no, "demand" a recount in California just to preclude California's electors from voting.

It was bad enough to live through the campaign once; I'm more than irritated to have to live through it a second time.

Speaking of "irritation," if it turns out that Bob Dole arranged the "Taiwan phone call," I'm really, really irritated. I don't have any problem with PEOTUS-Trump talking to anyone he wants to talk to, but I don't need Bob Dole in the mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment