Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Wind Energy In The US -- Estimates Through 2017 -- EIA -- November 8, 2016

Over at twitter, the EIA posted a graph to highlight the amount of wind energy that has been brought on line over the past decade here in the US and the amount projected through the end of 2017.

In 2012, the total capacity of US electricity generating plants was approximately 1,100 GW

 90 GW (wind) x 0.20 = 18 GW.

*******************************
NFL Ratings

Link here.  Last night's game the lowest week 9 MNF game since 2007. I watched the first half, then went to bed, and I'm a fairly involved professional football fan. I'm not sure what it was, why I didn't watch to the end. I know part of it was the announcers. Wow, were they boring. In fact, I mentioned this to my wife the other day: a lot of what keeps me watching an NFL game is the game-calling. If the announcers are good, I tend to stay. Madden was great, "back in the day." The SNF announcers are very good, probably my favorite right now. I enjoy Joe Buck.

***************************
Doctor Strange

Wow, I love the library, the movie, the internet, connecting of dots.

I have no clue if I am correct on any of this but it starts to fit. It will be my way of thinking about things and then modifying the "model" as I read more and "understand" more.

I asked my wife what she thought of the "philosophy" underlying or "behind" the movie, Doctor Strange. She said she gave it brief thought but nothing more; she watched the movie and enjoyed it for other reasons.

For me, of all things, seeing the movie I finally understand the concept of the demiurge.

Stan Lee will be 94 years old in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment