Eight (8) new permits:
- Operators: Hess (5), EOG (3)
- Fields: Beaver Lodge (Williams), Parshall (Mountrail)
- Emerald Oil (7): three Clark Griswold Federal permits; two Coleman Federal permits; a Dagny Taggart permit; and, a Cameron Frye permit, all in McKenzie County
- CLR (4): two Schroeder permits and two Marlene permits in Williams County
- Slawson (3): three Goblin Federal permits in Mountrail County
- Oasis: a Barron permit in Burke County
- Hunt: a Scorio permit in Williams County
- 30227, 792, BR, Sun Notch 42-32TFH, Sand Creek, Three Forks first bench, 4 sections, t10/16; cum -- ; total length of lateral was 9,599 feet; above drilling target, 540' (6%); inside drilling target, 7,659' (80%); below drilling target, 1,400' (15%); above target zone, approx 0 - 17' beneath the base of the lower Bakken shale; target zone Three Forks, approx 17' - 37' beneath the base of the Lower Bakken shale; below target zone, approx 37' - 47' beneath the base of the lower Bakken shale;
CIA Director - Select
US Rep Mike Pompeo:
The 52-year-old congressman from Kansas was a visible member of the House investigation into Benghazi. He graduated from West Point, served as an Army officer and attended Harvard Law School before working as an executive in aerospace manufacturing and the oil industry.Another man with a no-nonsense approach when it comes to global warming.
NPR failed to mention that Rep Pompeo graduated first in his West Point class.