Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Alaska Rejects 5 Cubic Feet Of Natural Gas Every Day For Every Cubic Foot Of Natural Gas North Dakota Produces -- November 30, 2016

From an earlier post, from RBN Energy:
Every day, crude oil producers on Alaska’s North Slope re-inject nearly 7.8 Bcf of natural gas into their wells, enough gas to supply the entire U.S. West Coast—California, Oregon and Washington State.
7.8 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day.

How much natural gas does North Dakota produce each day? From the most recent Director's Cut, North Dakota produced 1,611,836 million cubic feet per day or 1.6 billion cubic feet day.
  • 7.8 billion / 1.6 million = almost 5 cubic feet in Alaska for every one cubic foot of natural gas in North Dakota (assuming I did the math correctly -- which is a huge assumption).
This sort of helps me put things into perspective.

Note: I made huge mistake when I first posted this. See first comment below. I made the corrections above. Hopefully they are correct now. 

And a huge "thank you" to the reader who caught the error ... and didn't call me an idiot in the process. LOL. Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment