Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Rise In The Price Of Oil May Be Temporary -- October 5, 2016

Curb your enthusiasm: the recent rise in the price of oil may simply be due to Hurricane Matthew. Once the storm passes, we will see where the price of oil lands.

Not product placement: I normally don't do this, but I think it's worth reminding folks, especially if you have children. The Disney Mickey Mouse waffle maker is superb. I assume there are similar (and probably even better) models out there. But it is so incredibly easy and so quick to make Bisquick waffles, and they are so incredibly delicious. I can literally have a complete batch done by the time my coffee has brewed. (I give the waffle make a head-start; I don't start the coffee until the first batter is poured on the waffle maker.) I wash all dishes as I go along. I don't get out the electric mixer; I just use a hand-driven whisk.

The Bisquick recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of milk and one egg. I use only 1 cup of milk (because I'm usually low on milk -- it always catches me by surprise) and add a second egg.


*******************
Iran: The Big Winner -- Bloomberg

Agree: Iran is the big winner. After getting the concessions it needed from Saudi Arabia:
  • Iran signed a new-model oil investment contract
  • $2.2 billion deal with Persia Oil * Gas Industry Development Co to boost output at three fields
  • a second contract will be signed later today (Wednesday) -- no details
  • the "new type" of contract is designed to better reward investment in oil and gas production
  • it may take a few years for results to be known
  • nothing was said about waffles in the Bloomberg story
******************************
First, The US Gulf of Mexico; Now The North Sea

BP's UK oil field Clair is still shut following a leak at sea.
  • began October 2, 2016; up near Scotland
  • won't start back up until "completely certain" the technical issue is resolved
  • about 700 bbls released into the sea
  • compares with 4 million bbls in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment