Thursday, August 11, 2016

Dow Hits All-Time High; The Market: Hitting On All Cylinders -- August 11, 2016

 Update

Later, 7:51 p.m. Central Time: apparently DFW Airport recorded a record high for August 11, 2016, today: 103 degrees. Our in-car thermometer showed it to be 105 degrees. I thought it felt hot today while biking. But at least it was a dry heat. LOL.

 
Original Post
 
Wow, I'm in a great mood.

First, a shout-out to all my readers. I appreciate all the comments, tips, photos, etc. I apologize if it takes awhile to get back to everyone or takes awhile to get something posted.

Second, I'm in a great mood because I just had a great 10-mile bike ride during the middle of the day, here in north Texas. And then a few quick laps in the pool to cool off.

Third, look at this: the Dow, S & P 500, and the NASDAQ all close at records on the same day for the first time since 1999. Donald Trump calls it a bubble. I don't know what Hillary calls it but something tells me her Foundation is doing very well. And I'm not talking about her cosmetic foundation but that, too, is probably doing well. Considering.

The 1-second analysis:
The rally was sparked by higher oil prices and earnings reports from U.S. retailers that weren’t as weak as feared.
The 30-year Dow:


No comments:

Post a Comment