Sunday, June 5, 2016

Nothing About The Bakken --- June 5, 2016

If you came here looking for the Bakken, scroll down or check out the sidebar at the right.

Tomorrow, the two older granddaughters begin a week of computer coding at the University of Texas Dallas. The drive is about 30 minutes but I assume in rush hour morning traffic and evening traffic it will be close to one full hour each way, which means about four hours on the road if I return home for the day. Part of the trip is on the dreaded I-35E into Dallas. It's a short segment but probably a very congested segment.

I'm thinking of dropping them off (at 9:00 a.m.) and then staying in the area all day, picking them up about 4:00 p.m.

Plano is just to the north and it appears there are many things to occupy a full week.

I think tomorrow I will spend the day at two locations, near each other, and near the UT Dallas campus: the main (?) public library in the area -- the Haggard Public Library, just four miles north -- and the high-end shopping mall, The Shops at Willow Bend.

Later in the week, perhaps on Tuesday, once I get the "lay" of the land I will take my bike and ride the trails at Arbor Hills Nature Preserve. I viewed but did not listen to the audio of the video below:

Bike Trail, Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, Plano, TX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment