Wednesday, March 23, 2016

US Crude Oil Stocks Continue To Climb -- March 23, 2016

For the Kennedy patriarch who thought the grandkids would never see snow again, breaking news now:
  • Denver International Airport sets new daily snowfall record with 12.1 inches of snow recorded today, breaking previous daily record of 8 inches set in 2010
  • Record-breaking 15 inches of snow in Boulder, CO, as storm continues
  • Denver International Airport closed 'until further notice' as blizzard hits area; Pena Boulevard is impassable
*************************************


********************************
Trends

Some big things are happening. Some of these no doubt are being driven by a) ObamaCare; and, b) the increasing cost of electricity (due to state-mandated wind and solar energy). When I read this, I wonder if it makes sense to hire tens of thousands employees (all of whom are liability threats, and all of whom are required to have ObamaCare) and pay outrageous utility bills due to solar farms or simply outsource that to iCloud, Google, or Amazon. From Business Insider:
This does not mean that Netflix is abandoning Amazon for Google, given that only last month, [Netflix] finished a massive decade-long project to shut down its own data centers and use Amazon's cloud exclusively to run its business. (Netflix's move to go all-in on Amazon has encouraged others to do the same, including tech companies like Juniper and Intuit.)
*********************************
Columbo

My go-to DVD-watching in the evening is the television series, Columbo. I have the first four seasons and watch them off and on, every so often.

While bike riding I like to think of my favorite episodes. This is what it comes down to:
  • the episodes with Jack Cassidy are my favorite (he was in two or three)
  • the episodes with Robert Culp are my second group of favorites (Culp was also in two or three)
  • the one with the symphony conductor and the Hollywood Bowl
  • the one with the actress who buried her husband in the back yard under the fountain 
  • the one with the exploding cigar
  • the one with Dick Van Dyke
  • the one with Robert Conrad 
  • maybe the one with the twin brothers
  • The first two (Jack Cassidy / Robert Culp) are likely to remain at the top. The others will move around, some moving back and forth from the list
So, let's see what others say.

Best episodes of Columbo:
  • "Murder by the Book," Jack Cassidy (yes, this may be my favorite, also)
  • "Now You See Him," Season 5 -- I haven't seen it
  • "Any Old Port in a Storm," yest that was good; I had forgotten it; has to be in my top ten list
  • "Swan Song," Johnny Cash -- one of my least favorites, but I can see why it made the list
  • "Double Exposure," with Robert Culp
  • "An Exercise in Fatality," with Rober Culp
  • "A Stitch in Crime," yes, another good one, with Spock
  • "Negative Reaction," with Dick Van Dyke
  • "Etude in Black," as noted above in my list
  • "Death Lends a Hand," with Robert Culp
Another top-10 list:
  • "Murder by the Book," Jack Cassidy (yes, this may be my favorite, also) -- shows up #1 again
  • "Blueprint for Murder," yes, one of my favorites
  • "Etude in Black," as noted above in my list
  • "A Friend in Need," yes, I agree; I had forgotten
  • "Identity Crisis," season 5, I haven't seen
  • "The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case," season 6, I haven't seen
  • "Try and Catch Me, season 7, I haven't seen
  • Columbo Goes to the Guillotine, season 8, I haven't seen
  • "Butterfly in Shades of Grey," season 12 -- are you kidding, 12 seasons? I haven't seen
At IMDB:
  • "Murder by the Book," led the list again
Marketwatch, also has a list of five
  • "Murder by the Book" is not even on the top 5
Columbophile
  • "Murder by the Book" was #5
  • "The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case," was #1; Jamie Lee Curtis made her screen debut in this one as a surly young waitress who confiscates Columbo's donut
Most of the top ten lists are similar and the preponderance of "best" episodes occur in the first four seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment