Wells coming off the confidential list Wednesday:
- 29434, SI/NC, BR, Kings Canyon 3-1-27MTFH, Camel Butte, no production data, low background gas readings; inside the drilling target: 100%, 9,716 feet (never went below the target zone);
- 30379, SI/NC, Statoil, Folvag 5-8 7H, Stony Creek, no production data,
- 30385, SI/NC, EOG, Fertile 67-0410H, Parshall, no production data,
#29434, the Kings Canyon 3-1-27MTFH, is an important well from standpoint of understanding "legal" names of BR Kings Canyon wells in Camel Butte.
At that link I suggested that the "M" in MTF stood for "middle Three Forks," a new term for me. In the old days, it was simply the upper Three Forks that was targeted whenever we saw "TF" in the legal name. Shortly thereafter, operators starting talking about the four benches in the Three Forks, and the "upper TF" became TF1, the first bench. Now, we see "middle Three Forks. In the application, this is identified as Three Forks B2 (second bench). From the well file, for #29434, "the Middle Three Forks Formation [in this location] is a 20-foot-thick zone (~ 52' below the base of the Lower Bakken Shale)." Later in the report, the target zone lithology was said to have been taken 13 - 30' below the base of the Lower Bakken Shale. Another interesting note: this is a 2560-acre stand-up drilling unit; this well is sited in the northernmost section 339 feet from the north line, and then runs south, as a long lateral. Formation tops:
- KOP: 10,400'
- Carrington State: 10,766'
- Scallion: 10,772'
- Upper Bakken Shale: 10,789'
- Middle Bakken: 10,819'
- Lower Bakken Shale: 10.885'
- Upper Three Forks: 10,936'
- Operators: CLR (6), Whiting (3)
- Permits: Chimney Butte (Dunn), Banks (McKenzie)
- Comments: the CLR permits are for a 6-well pad; see graphic
- 26220, 2,806, BR, Harley 41-2TFH, Blue Buttes, ICO, t7/15; cum --
- 28196, 722, SM Energy, Phylis 14X-12H, Poe, t71/5; cum --
- 28197, 981, SM Energy, Luke 14-12H, Poe, t7/15; cum --
- 28198, 806, SM Energy, Jesse 14X-12H, Nameless, t7/15; cum --
- 28709, 2,485, BR, Harley 11-2TFH-R, Blue Buttes, ICO, t7/15; cum --
- 29175, 545, XTO, Granli 34X-20H, Arnegard, t6/15; cum --
- 29427, 2,766, BR, Teton 2-8-10MBH, Camel Butte, four sections, t7/15; cum --
- 29429, 2,124, BR, Teton 5-8-10MBH, Camel Butte, four sections, t7/15; cum --
- 29461, 2,926, BR, RemingTeton 8-8-10MBH ULW, Blue Buttes, 4 sections, t7/15 cum --
- 29487, 3,231, Statoil, Bures 20-29 3H, Alger, t7/15; cum --