Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Everything I Know About The Oil And Gas Industry I Learned From The Bakken -- July 7, 2015

Rigzone is reporting:
As part of its goal to become a dominant player in Alaska’s energy industry, Hilcorp Energy is reportedly buying the Cook Inlet assets owned by XTO Energy, an Exxon Mobil Corp. subsidiary.
Suann Guthrie, a media advisory for XTO Energy in Fort Worth, confirmed to Rigzone that XTO has agreed to sell its interest in the Cook Inlet, which include 29 producing wells from two platforms and an onshore facility to Hilcorp Alaska. Altogether, the assets produced about 2,000 barrels of oil per day in 2014.
Really? Am I misreading something? 29 producing well from two platforms and these assets produced about 2,000 bbls of oil per day in 2014?

2,000 / 29 = 70 bbls/day? These are practically off-shore stripper wells.

Had I not followed the Bakken I would not know how to put this information into perspective.

Everything I know about global gas and oil, I learned from the Bakken.

[Note: I often misread things, and it's very possible I'm misreading something in this article, but it seems fairly clear: 29 wells and "altogether, the assets produced about 2,000 bopd."

No comments:

Post a Comment