Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Reason #34,738 Why I Love To Blog -- June 17, 2015

If I were not blogging, I would not have known this. I find this very, very interesting. I never quite understood Putin's interest in a EU Grexit. The (London) Telegraph is reporting:
Tsipras is due to meet with Russian president Putin on Friday - the day after one of the last possible moments for a deal to be struck.
Bloomberg has suggested that one reason for Tsipras to be courting Putin is that Greece would veto an extension of EU sanctions in exchange for Russian largesse, and to gain leverage over its creditors.
EU sanctions require a unanimous vote by the 28 governments, and opponents will have one more chance to block them before the decision becomes final.
EU officials, led by EU President Donald Tusk, today agreed a preliminary accord to continue the sanctions for six months until the end of January.
The chess game continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment