- Dumbbell crude, March 23, 2015
- Liberty Resources II, LLC, is back in the Bakken, an update, April 20, 2014
- Liberty II Re-Enters the Bakken, January 30, 2014
- Snapshot, May 19, 2013
- Nice article on Liberty Resources, April 26, 2012
- Data points regarding Liberty Resources, April 26, 2012
- Week 12, March 25, 2012
- Liberty Resources, Riverstone Holdings, Carlyle Group, March 21, 2012
- Snapshot, October 23, 2010
- Bakken: other producers, service companies in the Bakken, October 25, 2009
A reader sent me the link to this Forbes story. Fascinating. But I doubt few readers connected all the dots. Some random paragraphs from the article that are quite fascinating:
Goldman and Aron (where Goldman Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein got his start) have had a deep connection with Semgroup. In 2004 two former Goldman bankers bought a 30% stake in Semgroup for $75 million through their New York private equity firm, Riverstone. Both men, Pierre Lapeyre and David Leuschen, had helped form Goldman’s commodity trading business, and Leuschen had been a director at Aron.
One possible answer: the Goldman connection. Going after Aron’s cash would complicate matters with Riverstone, which still wields sway over the board. The creditors have reason to keep Riverstone and Goldman happy; the duo has teamed up to buy myriad energy assets in recent years, most notably a $22 billion leveraged buyout of pipeline king Kinder Morgan. They are likely to team up again to buy choice Semgroup assets out of bankruptcy.There is nothing more exciting than Wall Street interest in the Bakken.