Lee Tillman, chief executive officer of Marathon Oil Corp., will give the keynote address at the 22nd Annual Williston Basin Petroleum Conference.Also speaking:
- Harold Hamm of Continental Resources
- Tommy Nusz of Oasis Petroleum
- Jim Volker of Whiting Petroleum
According to The Tribune: Exhibit space for the conference sold out in 17 minutes when Bismarck hosted the conference in 2012. More than 4,000 people registered, making it the largest event to be held in Bismarck-Mandan.
Prior to the conference, readers may want to review MRO's most recent presentation:
- 370,000 net acres
- 1,300 net wells inventory, up from 450 in 2011
- cost target, $7 - $7.8 million
- testing 320-acre spacing (4MB, 4TF1/1280)
- 6 TF2 wells in forward planning
- added a second frack spread
- will increase rig count by 20% each in Bakken and Eagle Ford
- Bakken: low-risk play
Perhaps other operators are recompleting their early wells, but MRO is the only operator I see talking so much about it.
To have the MRO CEO the keynote speaker is a big, big deal. Of all the operators in the Bakken, there are very few international operators; MRO is one of the few. Opportunity for CEO to compare the Bakken with rest of world.