Friday, December 12, 2014

Something Non-Bakken, Non-Oil, Non-North Dakota While Waiting To Get Started On A Slow Friday Morning -- December 12, 2014

With regard to the blog, a reminder: I post the link to almost every story -- probably 75% -- that is relevant to the Bakken. However, with the number of links that are sent to me, I do not want to clutter the blog with a lot of short stand-alone posts. I tend to group like subjects when I start getting a lot of links that need to be posted for archival purposes, but not enough for a stand-alone post. If you send me something and don't see it linked, it probably is, just at some early post that gets updated.

********************************

I'm off to a slow start. This is part of the reason. I was reading this story before I got up this morning -- on the iPad in bed, enjoying a relaxing Friday morning. Actually, that's inaccurate, I started reading it in the hard copy New Yorker that I subscribe to. Then, later on the computer. I was using the iPad for other articles. Whatever.

This is a very, very interesting article -- nothing to do with oil or the Bakken or North Dakota. There are so many story lines in this article -- it's very interesting. At first I wasn't sure, but it sure looks like the real thing.

I was able to access it without signing in; hopefully you can reach it if interested.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/12/15/blood-simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment