Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Re-Posting From This Past Weekend -- December 30, 2014

Re-Posting (with some editing)
 
Original Post
 
Over the past couple of years everything I have posted on the blog has been done in good faith, and for the purpose of getting a better understanding of the Bakken.

I now have a good feeling for the Bakken, so as of January 1, 2015, I will be closing the blog. (I closed it a couple days early due to some concerns.)

 Updates

December 28, 2014: just to clarify -- shutting down the blog has nothing to do with anything that was said. It has to do with other issues.

December 28, 2014: as expected, I'm getting a fair number of e-mails about the blog "going off the air." I appreciate that. I won't reply to any e-mail now. I apologize. I'm at a Starbucks and do not have a power cord for my computer so I am on limited power. I will probably reply to some of the e-amail later. I apologize for not replying to everyone.

December 28, 2014: I'm going on hiatus with regard to the blog for awhile. I don't know if after this week I will start it up again or not, but I had a few concerns about the site, so I decided to bring it down.  So, we'll see. The number of page views would have gone over 7 million in early January, 2015, but my concern for the site was not worth waiting for that milestone.

For all I know the Bakken will implode and the state will go broke, but the more I've learned about the Bakken in the last few weeks suggests that the Bakken is in much better shape than people realize. Investors in companies that are operating in the Bakken are doing badly, of course, and I can list a lot of bad things going on in the Bakken, but what list I develop would hold true for the entire oil and gas industry.

***********************************

I will keep track of some metrics at a new site.

No comments:

Post a Comment