Saturday, December 6, 2014

No Hurricanes In 2014; Why Antarctic Ice Is Increasing Despite Algore's PowerPoint Presentation

As usual, Don caught this. The 2014 Hurricane Season ended November 30, 2014, at 11:59 p.m.

There were no hurricanes in 2014.

Atmospheric CO2 surged passed critical mass of 400 ppm in 2014.

Long live global warming. No hurricanes is not necessarily a bad thing.

For warmists, the data is striking. This was tweeted by Met Storms on Labor Day, 2014:
Today is the first time for almost 70 years that there have been no tropical storms active anywhere in the world on 1st September.
Again, atmospheric CO2 surged past critical mass of 400 ppm in 2014 and we are all still blogging.

Not only no hurricanes, but warmists had trouble coming up with "tropical storms" this past summer.

I guess there was one major storm of 2014, it affected the entire United States on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. That storm spawned one tornado that will play out in Louisiana today.

*******************************
Antarctic Ice

Okay, it's agreed by all:
  • sea ice is increasing
  • the amount of sea ice does not correlate with global temperature
The second bullet is still argued by some, and I will continue to post stories about sea ice because I enjoy the story but that's about all. The first bullet is fact, Jack.

But I'm meandering.

The warmists now have an explanation why global warming is causing sea ice to actually increase. I cannot make this stuff up.  Business Insider is reporting:
Antarctic sea ice reached a record high this year, topping 20 million square kilometers (nearly 8 million square miles) in September — a milestone it hadn't touched since 1979.
It's a fact climate change deniers are fond of repeating. If the planet is warming, shouldn't sea ice be melting away rather than growing?
It's true that the phenomenon is a confusing one — but it's no proof that climate change isn't happening. In fact, scientists believe that climate change is actually responsible for the strange events down in the Antarctic. Walt Meier, a scientist from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, explains how this is possible in a new video from Science@NASA.
And, no, I did not look at the video. I think we now have 462 reasons (and even more videos and press releases) from the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center on why global warming FACTS don't fit the Algore PowerPoint Presentation.

By the way, my freezer ice maker makes ice cubes a whole lot faster when I leave the freezer door open, also. When I find some time, I'm going to make a video of the phenomenon and explain why this is true.

***************************************
A Note to the Granddaughters

The last note above about the ice cube maker in the freezer reminds me of a story from my "P Chem" (physical chemistry) course in college many decades ago. I had great difficulty with calculus and I believe this problem could have been easily solved using calculus but I had to use non-calculus to get the answer, and it took me most of a Thanksgiving four-day break at my grandmother's house in Storm Lake, Iowa, to solve the problem. (No, my grandmother, an English teacher in her younger days, did not help me with the problem.)

The problem had to do with kitchen / room temperature. The professor's problem stated that the temperature in the kitchen was a certain number, without the refrigerator/freezer being turned on.  He then asked, based on the parameters of the refrigerator/freezer, he gave us, whether the temperature in the kitchen / room would increase/decrease/stay the same over 72 hours and by how much (in degrees) once he plugged in the refrigerator.

I came up with an answer; I did not get full credit for my results but I did pass the test (that was just one question; I believe there were eight problems).

No comments:

Post a Comment