Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Gunmen Storm Libya's El Sharara Oilfield, Shut Down Production -- Rigzone

Link here.
Gunmen seized Libya's major El Sharara oilfield, looting equipment and shooting as frightened workers sought shelter, oil sources said on Wednesday, in another blow to the country's oil industry which has been subjected to protests and militia blockades.
It was unclear exactly what happened at the field, which at maximum capacity produces about 340,000 barrels per day.
It is Libya's biggest operational field, located in the remote south where rival tribes have clashed since Muammar Gaddafi was ousted three years ago. The closure is a blow to government efforts to keep oil production isolated from the spreading chaos in the North African country, where two prime ministers, parliaments and army chiefs of staff compete for control.
The closure will lower the OPEC member's oil production, last reported at around 800,000 bpd, by at least 200,000 bpd. 
This should help. LOL.

**************************************
This Should Help, Too (LOL)


I have not fact-checked the following:
  • “I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.”
  • "If you don't like my policies, go out there and win an election."
  • "If I can’t fix the economy in three years, you can call me former President Obama." 
  • “I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.”.
  • “I will remove earmarks before I sign any bill.”. 
  • “I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.”. 
  • “I’ll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!”
  • “I’ll have no lobbyists in my administration."
  • "I'll close Guantanamo Bay." 
  • "I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
  • "I believe marriage is between one man and one woman."
  • "I won't seek re-election unless unemployment falls below 5%."
  • "If you like your health plan, you can keep it."
  • "Our border is more secure than ever before."
  • "I pledge to be a strong supporter of Net neutrality."
  • "I'm not a president who starts wars, I'm one that ends them."
  • "I hugged and kissed Ebola nurses."
  • "I'll unite the people of this great country." 
  • "They did not build that."
  • "No boots on the ground."

2 comments:

  1. I saw this map of the US on facebook on Wednesday morning, with the header 'The Republicans now have more coverage than Verizon'..... I had a hard time keeping from spraying my morning coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had thought of that; and way more coverage than Sprint.

      Delete