Wednesday, August 6, 2014

New Operator In The Basin; Thirteen (13) New Permits -- North Dakota; Active Rigs Back Down A Bit -- August 6, 2014; XTO With A "High-IP" Well

Reporting earnings Thursday:
CFN, 72 cents; after market close;
LINE, 42 cents; before market open;
WEN, 10 cents; before market open;
WIN, 8 cents; before market open;

Wells coming off the confidential list Thursday:
  • 21373, drl, Statoil, Barstad 23-14 5H, Alger, no production data,
  • 24574, 904, Whiting,  Wanner Federal 21-1TFH, St Demetrius, t4/14; cum 25K 6/14;
  • 25707, 312, OXY USA, Martin 3-30-31H-144-96, Cabernet, t2/14; cum 19K 6/14;
  • 26754, 622, CLR, Juneau 6-11H1, Brooklyn, t6/14; cum 9K 6/14;
  • 27084, 1,656, BR, Norman 44-33MBHm Johnson Corner, 4 sections, t7/14; no production data,
Active rigs:


8/6/201408/06/201308/06/201208/06/201108/06/2010
Active Rigs191183204184141


Thirteen (13) new permits --
  • Operators: BR (4), Whiting (3), Emerald Oil (2), XTO, St Croix Operating, Slawson, CLR,
  • Fields: Corral Creek (Dunn), Sanish (Mountrail), Boxcar Butte (McKenzie), Siverston (McKenzie), Stockyard Creek (Williams), Williston (Williams)
  • Comments: St Croix has a wildcat in Renville; this is the first permit for this company in North Dakota
Wells coming off the confidential list today were posted earlier; see sidebar at the right.

Two (2) producing wells completed:
  • 26457, 1,236, XTO, Broderson 31X-27D,  Siverston, t5/14;  cum 4K 6/15;
  • 27443, 2,153, XTO, FBIR Guyblackhawk 24X-27ER, Heart Butte, t7/14; cum --

********************************
A Note for the Granddaughters

Earlier today I had a couple of free hours, so I drove over to the Jiffy Lube in Long Beach, on Pacific Coast Highway, to have the oil changed in preparation for our trip back to Texas. I talked about that visit earlier.

It was a gorgeous day. Windows down, radio blasting, memories of my early days in California. The radio station was playing songs from the 1980s. One was "Against the Wind." It took me back to my cross-country hitchhiking days. I forget how many times I hitchhiked across the US in my late teens/early 20s -- college and graduate school. I can recall quickly three times; hitchhiked "regionally" many more times than that.

I thought about how soft I've become. I tried hitchhiking out of Boston a couple of years ago. I was going to hitchhike back to San Antonio, but I gave up after 18 hours. Either I changed or hitchhiking changed. Perhaps a little of both. But I just couldn't do it. By 5:00 a.m. the next morning I was very, very cold and trying to find shelter and "turned against the wind."

Reminds me of Norma Desmond (Gloria Swanson) in Sunset Boulevard: "I am big, it's the pictures that got small!"

But how soft I've gotten. I still ride my bicycle everywhere I can but I no longer think of hitchhiking as a viable mode of alternate transportation. I no longer live on Campbell's soup and tuna fish sandwiches (I swear that's all I had for lunch, four days out of five, while in graduate school many decades ago). Having said that, when I'm looking for comfort food, I still turn to Campbell's bean and bacon, and a tuna fish sandwich. (Years ago I spent a day hanging around with a highly successful orthopedic surgeon in his clinic out in California; he was so busy, he did not leave the clinic for lunch: lunch was Campell's bean and bacon soup -- room temperature -- directly from the can.)

Against the Wind, Bob Seger

2 comments:

  1. One of the best Seger ever did. Also lived on Cambells B&B while living in Barracks in W. Germany in early 80's. "Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then..." Great line, good times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memories; thanks for taking time to write. Amazing how so many have common experiences.

      I can't tell you why, but "Against the Wind" seemed really "right" today.

      Delete