Friday, April 11, 2014

This Just About Sums Up My Internet Experience ...

Updates

Later, 7:15 p.m. Central Time: and, of course, Apple, Inc., was never affected by "Heartbleed." But it sure as hell looks like it affected Yahoo!Mail, and it was reported earlier that Cisco systems were infected. Why does this not surprise me. 

Later, 1:04 p.m. Central Time: the information in the original post is more accurate than I even realized when I wrote it. It appears that I get no e-mail during the day. It is all batched and then re-sent from Yahoo (or the NSA) between midnight and 3:00 a.m.

Moments ago I just received a note from my wife that she sent on April 8 -- that was three days ago. It had the word "questionnaire" in it. I assume the Obama administration has flagged the word "questionnaire" for further evaluation. In this case, the "questionnaire" had to do with our younger granddaughter and a school project. It had nothing to do with ObamaCare. LOL. Of course, this is all tongue-in-cheek. I assume this is simply a Yahoo glitch that will be corrected over time.

This reminds me of a story. Following my original application to join the US Air Force back in 1972 or 1973 or thereabouts, I received a note from the government: "Please provide additional detail regarding your trip to East Germany in 1965" (or whenever it was, 1964, 1965, or 1966, I forget). I did not mention the trip to East Germany on the application. I was in Norway and Germany as an eighth grader with my dad. Like every tourist then, we took a side trip through Checkpoint Charlie. But the government knew I had been there.
 
Original Post

My Yahoo!Mail account is pathetic. Suffice it to say Yahoo!Mail is too unreliable for my needs.

For the most part Time Warner Cable - wi-fi does not work at our apartment which is why I seldom blog from there. 

I rode into South Lake this morning -- five miles on bicycle -- to an alternate Starbucks -- their wi-fi was dead. I enjoyed listening to iTunes music and reading American Caesar, the incredible biography of Douglas McArthur by William Manchester.

This about sums up my internet experience (LOL):

Bulletproof, La Roux

I'll never let you sweep me off my feet,
I won't let you in again.
The messages I tried to send,
My information's just not going in.

I won't let you turn around
And tell me now.
 I'm much too proud
To walk away from something when it's dead.

And, so we are off to find another connection somewhere....

In the meantime, I'm going to listen to a lot of music. On my iTunes collection. No wi-fi connection needed.