Friday, March 7, 2014

For Investors Only

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on anything you read here or think you may have read here.

Updates

Later, 1:58 p.m. central time: market is barely green; oil is up almost 1%. New highs 289 vs new lows 12. New highs include: UNP, XLNX, HP.

Being reported now: even the president appears to hate ObamaCare. Well, duh. He might lose the Senate over this.

One-half of young adults are ready to leave France: taxes. (CBN-TV) I doubt many readers will watch this video to the end, but it's incredible. Imagine if this story was by ABC or NBC about the United States.

Original Post
Nine companies announce increased dividends or distributions, including Devon.

Futures: both the price of oil and the Dow are up. The Dow is up strong, and the price of oil is solidly above $102.

I did not invest in any of the companies below. I don't have any plans to invest in any of them, but I mentioned them early on in the blog for those who might have been paying attention. Look at the two-year history for these shares.

MDU: 22 ->34
CCR: 98 -->126 (and as low as 63 in this time period
HP: 60 --> 100

I would mention more, but a) I'm running out of time; and, b) I can't find many examples of companies that make the point. BNSF, of course, is the one that would be most impressive, except I couldn't show it. It was a long term holding for me until Warren bought it. A nice proxy for BNI is UNP.

No comments:

Post a Comment